We’re back again. Hope you all had a great Christmas, and weren’t flooded or stranded by the bad weather.Yesterday was frosty and sunshine and today I walked the dogs in the howling wind and rain. We came back very soggy. By the time we’d dried out the rain had stopped and the sun was out. So very typical of British weather!
A reminder that submissions to the ukgayromance anthology, Not Quite Shakespeare, are due by 25th January 2014.
Edited by Sue Brown and Anne Regan
Dreamspinner Press and UK Gay Romance are looking for romantic stories set in contemporary Britain. Let your imagination run riot through the British countryside, from the bleak beauty of the Scottish mountains to the rolling hills of the South Downs. Don’t just think of London but let your men find romance in the strangest of places. This anthology is to celebrate life in the UK, both the quirky and the mundane.
• Two men on opposite teams playing football (soccer) on a Sunday morning in the pouring rain.
• The trains are delayed – again – but for two men it’s a chance encounter on the station concourse.
• Lost in the middle of the countryside, when a grumpy but gorgeous stranger appears to help.
• Being stuck on the motorway is not so bad with the hot man in the next car to look at.
• Buying ice cream day after day just so you can ogle the man behind the counter.
Editor’s Note: Because of the packaged nature of the anthology, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works, please. Dreamspinner’s American English spelling editorial policy will be waived for this publication.
Anthology is open to authors of all nationalities and locations – the only requirement is that the story is set in the UK.
Submission Deadline: January 25, 2014
Publication Date: June 2014
Single-book anthology story length: 3,500 – 12,000 words
Manuscripts shorter or longer will be considered but will have to be extraordinary.
Follow general Submission Guidelines for instructions and formatting.
Send all submissions to email@example.com. Please list the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail: Not Quite Shakespeare anthology submission.
I thought I’d remind you of some of the posts from the first six months of ukgayromance.